Friday, September 16, 2005

This State Chairman's Non-libertarian Activities

In a couple of hours I'm driving north to Valparaiso, Indiana, to where I attended law school.

It's a meeting of the Valparaiso University School of Law National Council, of which I'm a member.

There are dinners tonight and tomorrow night with meetings in between. Sunday I drive back to Indianapolis straight to an afternoon meeting of the Central Indiana Tennis Association ("CITA") Board of Directors, of which I'm a member too.

All of my activities I view as having a symbiotic relationship with each other. My activities with Valparaiso University School of Law help with my goals with the Libertarian Party of Indiana which help with my activities with CITA, and vice versa, etc., etc.

It's my opinion that in order for Libertarians to be effective it is essential for them to be involved with other organizations in the community.

Also, I'm very pleased that since 2000, when I became chair, more and more Libertarians in Indiana are taking charge. Tomorrow, Kenn Gividen is organizing and running a booth at the Hispanic festival in Indianapolis for the LPIN. This is only one of scores of examples of this positive trend over the last few months. It's great to have others taking ownership of the LPIN.

No comments: