Monday, December 12, 2005

Tis the Season For Libertarian Christmas, er . . Holiday. . . er. . . Why Can't We All Get Along No Matter What We Call Them . . Parties.

The Libertarian Party of LaPorte County is having their Christmas Party this Tuesday evening. The Libertarian Party of Monroe County is having their Christmas Party this Wednesday evening. Dan Drexler, Executive Director of the Libertarian Party of Indiana will be attending both parties.

Yesterday, I overheard a tennis acquaintance tell one of the members of my Sunday morning tennis group something along the following: "I call them Christmas parties. I tell people "Merry Christmas". I have a Christmas Tree in the house and look forward to it every year. It's too bad that the only reason I can do this in relative peace, with all this political correctness abounding, is because I'm Jewish. People should get over this. Just because the tradition is calling it Christmas, doesn't mean I'm having someone else's belief crammed down my throat. I'm still Jewish. By the way - Merry Christmas".

No comments: