Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Busy Day Today

Libertarian Party of Indiana Executive Director Dan Drexler and I traveled to Vincennes today. We met with Jeff Thomas, who writes the Liberty Cafe blog. Thomas is contemplating a run for a state house seat. It was a very good meeting and Dan and I hope it will lead to more Libertarian activity in Vincennes and Knox County.

This evening I headed to the State House and the Indiana House chambers for Governor Daniels' State of the State speech. I heard him say more taxes, more taxes, let's raise them locally without any proper controls. And then let's throw the tax money at already over-funded schools with bloated bureaucracies. I also heard him say that we should create more mega-school corporations who combine at-will that will produce high schools that will lead to future Columbines and more alienation for Indiana students. At least that was what I heard between the lines.

Go here to read the Governor's speech.

1 comment:

Mark W. Rutherford said...

Sorry Jeff - late night typo - and I was still suffering sticker shock from Governor Daniels' speech. It has been corrected.