Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Busy Day Today

Libertarian Party of Indiana Executive Director Dan Drexler and I traveled to Vincennes today. We met with Jeff Thomas, who writes the Liberty Cafe blog. Thomas is contemplating a run for a state house seat. It was a very good meeting and Dan and I hope it will lead to more Libertarian activity in Vincennes and Knox County.

This evening I headed to the State House and the Indiana House chambers for Governor Daniels' State of the State speech. I heard him say more taxes, more taxes, let's raise them locally without any proper controls. And then let's throw the tax money at already over-funded schools with bloated bureaucracies. I also heard him say that we should create more mega-school corporations who combine at-will that will produce high schools that will lead to future Columbines and more alienation for Indiana students. At least that was what I heard between the lines.

Go here to read the Governor's speech.

2 comments:

J. A. Thomas said...

I know your day was very busy but I need to point out a correction to be made. The name is Jeff Thomas not Smith. I'm honored if you were thinking of the movie Mr. Smith goes to Washington and placed me in the lead role. Just kidding...I would appreciate a correction

Mark W. Rutherford said...

Sorry Jeff - late night typo - and I was still suffering sticker shock from Governor Daniels' speech. It has been corrected.