Friday, November 10, 2006

Another Reason Why the Federal Government's IRS Promotes Big Business Where Everyone is an Employee and Discourages Small Business Ownership

The NFIB (National Federation of Independent Business) reports the following:

"The IRS reports that 40 percent of small businesses pay an average penalty of $845 per year for late or incorrect payroll filings."

No wonder small business can't stand the IRS - and why they merge to become big business so they are powerful enought to stand up to the IRS - or why they fail and create the vacant buildings in small towns across Indiana.

No wonder so many people no longer try to start a small business and fill those vacant buildings - the cost is more than the penalties - it's also the time to deal with the forms and/or pay someone to help you with them.

However, the big government party (consisting of the Democratic and Republican factions) doesn't mind this one bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can attest that complying with IRS and state requirements without getting fined is difficult for a small business owner. I incorporated my business a few years back and was immediately flooded with paperwork. I've managed to get somewhat of a handle on it all thanks to my accountant, but dealing with it all still takes large chunks of my time that I would rather use to serve my customers.