"October 13, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Schansberg town hall in New Albany on Thursday
Dr. Eric Schansberg, the Libertarian candidate for the U.S. Congress in Indiana's 9th District, will hold a town-hall meeting in New Albany on Thursday, October 16th at 2:30. (The meeting will be held in the Community Room of the Mark Elrod Tower at the end of Wolf Trace.)
At the town hall, Schansberg will deliver prepared remarks for 15-20 minutes—and then field questions from those in the audience.
In his prepared remarks, Dr. Schansberg will address:
• the attempted bail-outs of the economy over the past year
• gas prices and energy policy—policies that will work (domestic drilling and a stronger dollar) and policies that will not work (regulations on speculators, subsidies to energy companies, etc.)
• the dramatic but overlooked impact of fiscal conservatism
• our on-going efforts in Iraq
• the oppressive burden of payroll/FICA taxes on income and the need for Social Security reform
All interested parties are encouraged to attend. Audio and video recording are permitted.
For more information on the campaign, see: www.SchansbergForCongress.com. To schedule an interview, contact Eric Schansberg at (812) 218-0443, Melanie Hughes at (502) 432-1930, or send an email to SchansbergForCongress@gmail.com.