Monday, February 09, 2009

The Special Interest Pork Bill to Stimulate Political Favorites Has Passed the United States Senate

The Special Interest Pork Bill to Stimulate Political Favorites passed the United States Senate tonight.

Like the groundhog who sees its shadow in February, when the Special Interest Pork Bill "critical" to stave off a depression sees its shadow, I believe this means at least 16 more years of a Depression until Keynesian economics are once again seen for what they are - the defender of special interests with political power and the bane of the poor.

I do I hope I'm wrong.

By the way, I hope many of you "loyal" Republicans enjoyed voting for allegedly "small government Republicans" like George W. Bush. They sure did a good job keeping government small and keeping Keynesian economics at bay, didn't they -- whoops -- I mean to say they did a good job growing government and rewarding special interests through Keynesian economics.

No comments: