Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just Like Homeland Security, the Indiana Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association Has Lost All Common Sense

The Indiana Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association and 13 chains in its membership has lost all sense of proportion and common sense and will ask for proof of age (ID) from all customers for alcohol (I can hear the puritans bemoan that it is legal at all).

I haven't looked under 21 for a long time. But I will be carded at their stores.

Whatever happened to common sense? Well the corporatists have joined politicians in this effort. House Bill 189 has been introduced in this years General Assembly by the apparently big government, nanny state loving Republican Phil Boots of Crawfordsville which will require all stores to throw out common sense and card everyone who purchases alcohol. The Indiana Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association has also thrown its lot with big government and the nanny state, and has endorsed House Bill 189.

By the way, as I learn about stores that card everyone for alcohol, I will post information about them. I will not frequent them for any business, but will take my business to those stores that exercise common sense. The inconvenience and idiocy makes their business unappealing to me.

Here's the list of stores so far that have elected to become like government, and throw common sense out the window - Village Pantry, Speedway, Circle K, Gas America, McClure, Ricker’s, ampm, Luke’s, Good to Go, Chuckles, Circle A Food Marts, Super-Test and Gallahan Kwik Marts.

1 comment:

Marycatherine Barton said...

As a protest, I too will no longer frequent those stores that require me to show an id if I dare to purchase an alcoholic beverage. Please, Mark, list any more you learn about.