Friday, July 29, 2005

Daily Libertarian?

Today, among legal work and various sundry Libertarian ventures, I explored the possibility of buying a local newspaper in Indiana. A newspaper long in my sights may be available, and it's in an area with strong Libertarian support.

Putting a business venture like this together is a long and difficult task - put won't it be nice to have a Daily Libertarian in the mix for the 2006 elections? I'm hopeful this goes in a positive direction - the initial inquiry into a purchase was encouraging.

7 comments:

Joe Hauptmann said...

sounds interesting. Is there anyway some of the rest of us can help and perhaps get a SMALL bit of the action?

Joe H.

Mark W. Rutherford said...

More than likely.

Kenn Gividen said...

Best wishes on this venture. Sounds exciting.

Sorry, his name slips my mind. But who is the guy who used to edit the LP news?

Mark W. Rutherford said...

Bill Winters used to edit the LP News.

Mike Kole said...

I would LOVE to see an Indiana Libertarian newspaper, for the obvious reasons. The idea that this is possible is very exciting to me!

LP Mike Sylvester said...

I would be very interested in this if there is anything I can do to help.

Mike Sylvester

scott s. said...

I hope this goes well for you. I think this is one of, if not the best way to get the Libertarian name out there. If you can publish this newspaper, I will subscribe. It might even be nice to buy 100 copies and lay them at doorsteps. It is critical to get the word libertarian into discussions about politics, and a newspaper is the perfect way to do so. Good luck.