Tonight a county chair sent to me a first draft of minimum requirements for Libertarian candidates in his/her county. It was a very good start.
The suggested requirements cover the following:
1. Appear on local media and explain to the public why they want to run for office.
2. Timely respond to and completely fill out all media questionnaires.
3. Must dress appropriately at all press events.
4. Raise a minimum amount of money for the campaign.
5. Spend a minimum amount of time working on their campaign.
6. Write a couple of Letters to The Editor explaining why they are running for office.
7. Prepare a very simple platform on what they want to accomplish in office (One page or LESS).
8. Timely fill out and file candidate and campaign finance paperwork.
9. Prepare a one page personal biography about themselves.
10. Find at least one person to run their campaign.
11. Read at least one book on how to run for office.
This is a very good start.
One requirement I'd add to the list is to respond promptly to all invitations to attend candidate forums. Even if one can't make it for various reasons (which will happen), the invitation should be appreciated and followed with a prompt response of one's availability.