Wednesday, April 12, 2006

2nd Annual Thunder Over Clarksville Event

Libertarian Party of Indiana Central Committee District Representive Greg Hertzsch reports as follows:

"Let me remind everyone that I am holding the second annual Thunder Over Clarksville celebration at my home next Saturday, April 22, 2006. Last year despite abysmal weather we had eight LPINers attend, and we raised $115 for the party, an amount I matched.

Thunder Over Louisville is a huge, all-day-long celebration along the Ohio riverfront which features events such as airshows during the day and culminates with a 30 minute long fireworks spectacle from 9:30 to 10:00 PM. It is the largest fireworks show in North America. It must be seen (and felt) to be believed. Your whole family will love it. And I live within walking distance of all the fun.

Thunder Over Clarksville will begin at my home at 4:00 PM. We will walk down to the riverfront later for the festivities. In lieu of a suggested donation, I am modeling the fundraising aspect of the event after Ken Bisson's picnics in that I will hold a raffle. Raffle tickets will be $20, and the winner will keep half, with the other half going to the LPIN. I will provide food and nonalcoholic drinks. You are welcome to bring alcoholic drinks of your own if you wish."

No comments: