Friday, November 02, 2007

I'm in Washington, D.C. - and it is even more exciting in Indianapolis politics despite my absence!

Yesterday and today I've been in Washington, D.C. Yesterday, I had lunch with Libertarian National Committee member Adm. (ret.) Michael Colley. It was great to catch up with him.

I also stopped by the national office of the Libertarian Party. It too was great to catch up with staff member Robert Krauss and Executive Director Shane Cory. Andrew Davis, the new communications director, was in the office, and I was able to meet with him and talk with him.

It was the first time I had seen the office since it moved from the basement of the Watergate Building to the second floor. It is much better designed space and highly functional.

It has been interesting following Indianapolis politics from D.C. Biddle being fired from the Indianapolis Star, Mayor Peterson running negative ads that are contrary to his long established "good guy" persona, the Indianapolis Star's Ryerson joining the "political rally" denouncing Biddle, etc. are all major stories in themselves, yet they have happened in a very short period of time. It is a very interesting election in 2007, which I didn't see coming in January of 2007.

No comments: